Monday, May 26, 2008

My glorious debut

I have spent far too long greedily absorbing the bounties of this glorious blog, and now it is my turn to give back.
Well, that's not quite true. In reality I forgot about aforementioned blog until about an hour ago, and since then have been greedily catching up. I am particularly excited to fry up some hummous cakes (Not that I am trying to cause conflict by voting for a favourtie recipe...I promise I just like the ease).
Speaking of ease, my debut is quick and to the point. In fact, the entire recipe can be summed up in 3 words:
ROAST SOME CHICKPEAS
With my insatiable appetite that cannot be quenched, a mere midmorning muffin and tea-time cookie do very little to tide me over, and I find myself stuffing handfuls of chocolate chips in my mouth, handfuls of cereal, handfuls of cookies, handfuls of anything I can get my grubby hands on.
At risk of this blog becoming Carmen's confessions of a foodaholic, or confessions of a gluttonous pig, I will stop there.
I decided if I am going to be shoving handfuls of food into my gobber on an extremely regular basis, it might as well be a tasty, healthy treat!
Hence the roasted chickpeas (Although I summed it up in three words, I will still share the longer version):

Turn the oven to 425
Pat the chickepeas dry.
Sprinkle them with a spoon of olive oil (not very much or they won't be crispy)
Season them with whatever you'd like...my favourite is a bit of garlic and some chili powder.
Spread them on a cookie sheet
bake them for about 30-40 minutes, until they seem good and browned.

Once they're out, you might need to do a bit of reseasoning according to preference


I shove handfuls in my mouth relatively guilt free.

I found the idea for this online, and one commenter mentioned hers went soft overnight. Naturally I can not comment on that, because mine have never lasted overnight.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome Crach. We were worried that you dropped into the Atlantic. I'm glad that you finally came "out of the pantry" regarding your enormous food consumption. I'm with you on the morning munchies issue. The roast chickpeas sound great for Finn and At.. the new generation of Reems gluttons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any bean recipe is a good recipe. Thanks for the addition Crach. Have you considered intervenal feeding?

    ReplyDelete