Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Let the Baking Begin Continue!


R-

Looking forward to seeing you Thursday! I brought your grocery list to Anita's Organic for a flour-shopping frenzy. I have 30 kg of grainy goodness for you - Between your order and mine I came away with the following flours:
rye,
white whole wheat,
whole wheat pastry,
buckwheat,
stone ground whole wheat,
and all purpose.

So start flexing those kneading muscles!

I received a helpful tutorial on white whole wheat and whole wheat pastry flours - white ww is perfect for heartier cookies and quick breads due to its higher gluten content, while ww pastry is a really soft flour great for.. wait for it.. pastry.

I loved seeing your Grade 9 blondie recipe - as per usual our kitchens are in tandem - I have been blondie-obsessed lately. Of course, I had to whip yours up yesterday and they were superb. I took your advice and went with the 1/3 cup butter - actually 2/3 for a double batch. I am unable to bake a recipe without doubling it - a throwback to growing up in a family of six. This was a necessary doubling, however, as the cookie jar is - less than 48 hours later- almost empty again.

I have taken the liberty to changing the name to suit this household - 'Toddler Blondies.' In the last year or so, in the company of my spirited toddler, I am of the firm belief that chocolate at nap time is a necessity for the happiness of my family. Happy mommy = happy everyone. So thank you for the recipe!

See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment