Saturday, January 2, 2010

Salad Awesomeness


Rach-

I'm still in that post-holiday, nibbling away at my chocolate letter mode. Even me, of the sweetest tooth, can get sugar-overload. So to start the New Year off right I needed to open the crisper and pull out the veggies!

Ever since we shared the Rebar salad with basil vinaigrette, I have been itching to make the dressing. I'm often reluctant to go beyond a side-salad at a restaurant, but oh, with your learned guidance I was in salad nirvana. I thought that I was going to have to do some experimenting to get my take on the vinaigrette perfected, but happily, the Rebar folk have provided the recipe in their cookbook.

I know that you have the book, but here is the recipe-

Rebar's Basil Vinaigrette

Combine in a food processor-

2 cloves minced garlic
1 1/2 T dijon mustard
2T honey
1 T balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1 bunch basil (45 grams - I used a 30 gram bunch)
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp fresh cracked black pepper

Add slowly to processor- 1 cup olive oil.

Voila. Store in fridge for up to a week.

Happy new year, say hi to C for me!

P.S. You have the sweetest niece.

No comments:

Post a Comment