Friday, April 25, 2008

Lemon Ditty Affirmed

I had a hankering to do a little baking this evening and instead of pulling out my trusted cookbooks what should i do but turn to the Reems blog for guidance!
Since the B-man can never resist anything lemony, i opted for Haley's famed 'Lemon Poppyseed Cake'. This is our personal feedback and firsthand experience.
One word: "Delicious!" You cannot stop at one piece. It is infused with lemon flavours from all sides (only enhanced by the glaze).
Minor personal alteration included adding 2 tsp. poppyseeds instead of 1 (really, why limit yourself?) , and as per Haley's suggestion omitted the sugar in the glaze.
Overall Rating: 4 stars, a sure hit, one this Reems fam will definitely repeat. Thanks Haley!

1 comment:

  1. It's great to see you on the blog R2. I knew you'd come around. To comment on your previous post, I have also had the focaccia sandwich at Murchies and have to concure with your assessment--it is delicious. As for the lemon ditty, C has been hinting that for that one. Your post will only add to the begging. I guess I'd better pick up some poppy seeds!

    ReplyDelete