Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Half Marathon


Link
It's time to brag about Rachel again - yes my absentee-blogger sister- whom we cheered on in the Royal Victoria half marathon on Sunday. Just recovering from the flu, at one hour and 32 minutes, she still managed to pull in 51st place out of 3231 women. Though the biggest workout I got was the 3 block walk from the car, I got a bit uppity about the whole thing - '2 hours? Nice job coming out, but too bad we SMOKED you!' Ah, the royal we.

Since we were in Victoria I didn't do a lot of cooking, just a whole lot of eating. I've provided a few links to some of our old autum posts - I must say that we Reems girls do like our apples. Which is good as I have 2 big bags of Jonagolds from the Chilliwack Corn maze to deal with.

Acorn-Stuffed Squash
Apple Cake
Apple Walnut Bread
French Apple Cake
Roasted Veggies with Feta
Zucchini Pancakes


2 comments:

  1. that is such a great shot! in talking with other 'fans' since we seriously have to up our cheering techniques next time. some signs, some noise makers (although with our kids this is probably not necessary :)...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Rach, the R1 fan club needs to step it up a bit next year :) Coby blew on a large horn all the way to the park this morning (a garage clutter find by her, from the Unity Christian basketball fans), so she can lead the noise making. That and her ear-piercing screams..

    ReplyDelete